Cromford Mills is the home of Sir Richard Arkwright’s first mill complex, birthplace of the modern factory system and internationally recognised as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. What happened here in Cromford in the 1770’s changed the world we live in and today the site hosts a variety of visitor attractions, shops, cafes, exhibitions, guided tours and galleries for your enjoyment.
January Opening Times
The Visitor Centre will unfortunately be closed from Monday 15th - Friday 19th January. Our excellent Guided Tours will still be running twice a day and you can also pick up an Audio Tour in the Mill Shop for just £5. We apologise for any incovenience.
- Cromford Mills site, Exhibition room, Mill shop and cafes - open 9:00am - 5:00pm.
- The Visitor Centre @ Building 17 - open 11:00am - 4:30pm. Last entry 4:15pm.
- Various retail shops - Varied opening times.
Admission Prices: KIDS GO FREE*
- WINTER OFFER: Combined ticket - Entrance to the Visitor Centre @ Building 17 and a tour with a guide, or an audio tour: £8
- Visitor Centre @ Building 17 (including the Arkwright Experience): £5
- Guided Tour: £5
- Audio Tour: £5
All tickets are valid for a full year from the date of purchase. There are no concessions. *Under 16s are free (3 free under 16 places per paying adult).