From 11 to 17 December, we are opening the doors of the Visitor Centre @ Building 17 and the Arkwright Experience for free to National Lottery players.
Inside the Visitor Centre @ Building 17 discover what there is to see and do within the Derwent Valley Mills World Heritage Site and start of your journey of exploration. Then you can meet Sir Richard Arkwright in the immersive cinematic show inside the world’s first water powered cotton spinning mill in the Arkwright Experience. Be enthralled by the history as the building comes to life around you, and discover more with our wonderful guides. See more here.
The Building 17 project received funding from the Heritage Lottery Fund to create a ground-floor visitor centre for the Derwent Valley Mills World Heritage Site, and office space for tenant businesses on the upper floors in an environment designed to encourage creativity and innovation. Building 17 was in a very poor state and the restoration work required to bring it back into use was extensive. It was thanks to National Lottery players that this work could take place, and we have been able to save the building for future generations. This is our small way of saying thank you.
National Lottery ’Thank you’ campaign.
National Lottery-funded heritage attractions are saying 'thank you' by offering free entry, treats or discounts to anyone arriving with a National Lottery ticket or scratchcard from 11-17 December.
Did you know that without National Lottery players, the £7.8billion of funding awarded to more than 42,000 heritage projects over the last 23 years just wouldn’t have been possible? This Christmas, hundreds of National Lottery grant recipients are saying 'thank you' for their National Lottery funding by offering everything from free entry and free hot beverages, to free guided tours and gift shop discounts.
Terms and Conditions for The National Lottery 'thank you' campaign
- One National Lottery ticket provides free entry for up to two adults to the Visitor Centre @ Building 17, only.
- All National Lottery games qualify for free entry, including tickets from any National Lottery draw based game or National Lottery Scratchcard. Proof of ticket can be paper or digital.
- The offer is valid from 11-17 December 2017. The Visitor Centre is open daily from 11am to 4pm. Last entry is 3.45pm.
- The Arkwright Society has the right to refuse entry in the unlikely event of the venue reaching capacity, as well as unforeseen circumstances.
- Tickets will be given at the till in the Cromford Mill Shop when visitors arrive with their National Lottery tickets.
- Tickets cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- Tickets are not transferable.
- The value of the tickets are non-refundable.
- Under 16s receive free entry.