From 3rd - 9th December 2018, we are opening our doors for free to National Lottery players.
Cromford Mills will be throwing open its doors into the Visitor Centre @ Building 17 for free to National Lottery players during the week of 3rd - 8th December 2018. They are one of 350 participating National Lottery funded visitor attractions across the UK in saying ‘thanks’ to people who have raised money for good causes by buying a lottery ticket.
The Arkwright Society at Cromford Mills has received £4 million from the Heritage Lottery Fund. The money funded the Building 17 project, which involved the creation a ground-floor visitor centre for the Derwent Valley Mills World Heritage Site and office space for tenant businesses on the upper floors. Building 17 was listed on Historic England’s buildings at risk register, and the restoration work required to bring it back into use was extensive. It is one of the most important buildings on the Cromford Mills site and the project to restore it continues the sense of entrepreneurialism, innovation and creativity that characterised Arkwright’s mills.
The idea is simple: any visitor who presents a National Lottery ticket or scratchcard from the 3rd to 9th of December 2018, gets two free tickets to the Visitor Centre @ Building 17 in return plus an audio or guided tour.
Terms and Conditions for The National Lottery 'thank you' campaign
- One National Lottery ticket provides free entry for up to two adults to the Visitor Centre @ Building 17 plus a guided or audio tour.
- All National Lottery games qualify for free entry, including tickets from any National Lottery draw based game or National Lottery Scratchcard. Proof of ticket can be paper or digital.
- The offer is valid from 3 - 9 December 2018. The Visitor Centre is open daily from 11.30am to 4pm. Last entry is 3.15pm.
- The Arkwright Society has the right to refuse entry in the unlikely event of the venue reaching capacity, as well as unforeseen circumstances.
- Tickets will be given at the till in the Cromford Mill Shop when visitors arrive with their National Lottery tickets.
- Tickets cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- Tickets are not transferable.
- The value of the tickets are non-refundable.
- Under 16s receive free entry.