Arkwright’s Special Pass!
Please note - due to the Tier 3 restrictions in Derbyshire all parts of our heritage offer, including the Visitor Centre, Arkwright Experience and Guided Tours remain closed to the public. The mill yard and retail outlets are open from 2 December and the cafes are serving takeaway refreshments. We hope to offer tours again in the future, pending on any changes to the Tier level. Details of our future tour programme will be announced on our website, so please check back at a later date to see what's on offer.
Book your own tour guide for an exclusive and informative outdoor tour of Cromford Mills!
Discover how Cromford Mills changed the world as you hear about the incredible story of Sir Richard Arkwright and how he became ‘the Father of the Factory System’. Our guide will even introduce you to the man himself in an immersive audio-visual projection inside the first mill built in 1771.
The tours, with your own private tour guide, will run at 11.30am and 2pm weekdays and 10.30am, 11.45am, 1.15pm and 2.30pm on weekends. Each timeslot is per household bubble for any number up to a maximum of 6 people (including children) and advanced online booking is recommended to secure a slot. £30 per household bubble (maximum 6 people).
- Arkwright’s Special Pass also includes the optional use of an audio tour which explores the area beyond the mills around Cromford village.
- Plus, when you arrive on site your Special Pass can be exchanged for up to three Mill Manager’s Passes so you can visit for free anytime in the next 12 months.
- If your group contains more than 6 people, please purchase additional Passes/time slots, for any additional numbers.
- Tickets will be released in two-weekly blocks on a Friday.
- Tickets will be released on the day to book in person at the Mill Shop, but only if timeslots are available.
- You will be asked if you are happy to Gift Aid your ticket at no extra cost when picking up your Pass from the Mill Shop. Please note, there is no seating available for the duration of the tour.
Already have a valid Mill Manager’s Annual Pass?
- This is transferable to our new offer; we advise pre-booking a time slot to avoid disappointment on the day.
- Please email us with your preferred date and time options, (you can check availability here first.)
- You can of course use an Audio Tour with your Mill Manager’s Pass without needing to pre-book (subject to availability).
- We have extended any Mill Manager's Passes bought since 1st July 2019 for 3 months to cover the period we have been closed this year. (tickets bought in April, May & June 19 will be extended to 30th September 20)
- You will need to bring your valid Pass with you on the day, even if you have booked in advance.
Already have a valid Cotton Spinner's Annual Pass?
- This will now give you a free Audio Tour. (The Visitor Centre and Arkwright Experience are currently closed.) The Audio tours cannot be booked in advance and are subject to availability. Please bring your pass with you on the day.
Already have a valid Members Pass?
If you are one of our valued members, please email on email@example.com with your preferred date and time slot. Please bring your pass with you on the day.
Audio Tours Ticket
COVID19 – As part of adapting our visitor offer these are available to book on the day from the Mill Shop. Tours cost £6.00 and you will also receive our Cotton Spinners Pass, valid for one year.
Every measure has been taken to ensure a safe and enjoyable visit for all. Social distancing will be followed for the duration of the tour between you and your guide. Face masks must be worn for any inside portion of the tour, including during the audio-visual show. If you or anyone in your household are experiencing symptoms of Covid-19, please do not attend. If you need to cancel at short notice, please let us know and a refund can be arranged. If you have any questions please get in touch by phone 01629 823256 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.