Cromford Mills is currently recruiting for a Marketing Intern. Please submit a covering letter and CV to Tricia Trice, Marketing Coordinator, email@example.com Closing Date 18 May.
Online Interviews will take place on Tues 25th May. Start early June.
Job: Marketing Intern
Location: Working on-site at Cromford Mills and at home
Responsible to: Marketing Coordinator
Fixed term position at 30 hours until 31 December 2021
Wage: In line with National Living Wage
What we are looking for:
Cromford Mills is the home of Sir Richard Arkwright’s first successful water powered cotton spinning mill, birthplace of the modern factory system and internationally recognised as part of a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Cromford Mills is looking for an enthusiastic, creative Marketing Intern to assist the Marketing Coordinator with promoting Cromford Mills and the work of the Arkwright Society charity. This is a dynamic role that will require flexibility, creativity, and a good sense of humour. The job will be 9 to 5, Monday to Friday with weekend working to support events as required. We are looking for someone who is keen to learn and develop their marketing knowledge, and able to react quickly to changing demands.
The right candidate for the job will have:
- A strong understanding of social media and general marketing.
- The ability to work independently with minimum supervision but be a team player and not afraid to ask for support when needed.
- An individual who is friendly, naturally inquisitive, and confident to share their opinions.
- Some experience designing social media posts and printed marketing materials.
- An understanding of press releases and good proofreading/copy writing skills.
- Photography and/or videography skills are desirable.
What you will be doing:
- Assist the Marketing Coordinator with marketing Cromford Mills, the work of the Arkwright Society charity and promoting events throughout the year.
- Prepare social media content and schedule posts throughout the week.
- Collate relevant marketing information and organise/maintain image library.
- Assist with press releases and website updates.
- Responsible for updating event listings and identifying opportunities to increase promotion of Cromford Mills.
- Providing marketing support at events which may include taking images, videos, collecting surveys, assisting with digital events, and general event assistant duties.
- Assist with proofreading, copy writing, editing copy and information collection to create marketing materials.
- Gather information and help with market research, including using Google analytics.
- Assist with other duties as may be reasonably required by his/her line manager.
What will you get out of the job:
- Experience of working in a UNESCO World Heritage site
- On the job mentoring and training
- A job that requires creativity
- A chance to see your creative ideas put into action
- Staff discount and free parking
Please submit a covering letter and CV to Tricia Trice, Marketing Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org Closing Date 18 May 2021.
Online Interviews will take place on Tues 25 May 2021. The role will start early June.