2021 Guided Tour Offer - Arkwright's Special Pass is back!
Due to the current government restrictions all parts of our heritage offer, including the Visitor Centre, Arkwright Experience and Guided Tours remain closed to the public. Guided tours and the Arkwright Experience will resume from Monday 17 May. Tickets for these tours can be bought online now.
Book your own tour guide for an exclusive and informative outdoor tour of Cromford Mills!
Discover how Cromford Mills changed the world as you hear about the incredible story of Sir Richard Arkwright and how he became ‘the Father of the Factory System’. Our guide will even introduce you to the man himself in an immersive audio-visual projection inside the first mill built in 1771.
The tours, with your own private tour guide, will run at 11am, 12.15pm, 1.45pm and 3pm daily. Each timeslot is per household bubble for any number up to a maximum of 6 people (including children) and advanced online booking is recommended to secure a slot. £30 per household bubble (maximum 6 people).
- Arkwright’s Special Pass also includes the optional use of an audio tour which explores the area beyond the mills around Cromford village.
- Plus, when you arrive on site your Special Pass can be exchanged for up to three Mill Manager’s Passes so you can visit for free anytime in the next 12 months.
- If your group contains more than 6 people, please purchase additional Passes/time slots, for any additional numbers.
- Tickets will be released in two-weekly blocks on a Friday.
- Tickets will be released on the day to book in person at the Mill Shop, but only if timeslots are available.
- You will be asked if you are happy to Gift Aid your ticket at no extra cost when picking up your Pass from the Mill Shop. Please note, there is no seating available for the duration of the tour.
Cromford Mill and Village Tour
Cromford Mill and Village Tours are currently not running. Self-guided Audio Tours are available from the Mill Shop which allow you to explore Cromford village.
Join us on a two hour extended tour of both the mill and Cromford Village as we trace the footsteps of hundreds of Mill workers and explore 18th Century village life. Our knowledgeable guides will take you around the mill yard and continue your journey of discovery into Cromford Village. You will visit North Street and see the earliest industrial housing in Derbyshire and the state of the art water management system used to power the first cotton mill.
Costumed Tours are currently not running. Check back soon to find out when the Mill Manager can welcome you back to Cromford.
Join our Mill Manager and step back in time to 1797 when he was running the world’s first ever successful water powered cotton mill in its most profitable year. Learn what was happening locally and nationally at the time and hear tales of Sir Richard Arkwright and just what jobs the Mill Manager made the workers do! Then hear what the workers themselves have to say as they busy themselves around the yard.
We are revieiwng our group offer in line with the government guidelines. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information about how we can accomodate groups after 21st June 2021.
Visits can be tailored to your needs and French and German tours are available by prior arrangement.
Visites en français avec préavis.
Deutsche Führungen auf Voranmeldung.
How to book
Telephone 01629 823256 or email email@example.com for more information and to make a booking.